Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions we get about Solar
Why is my bill the same since I installed solar?
There are a number of reasons why your bill may be the same since you installed solar.
The most common reasons that impact electricity usage include:
– Number of appliances being used in the house
– Number of people in the household using electricity
– Changes in weather and using electric heating/cooling appliances
– Incorrect meter number – double check the correct meter reading is being used
Other electricity/solar related reasons could include:
– Actual meter reads vs estimated meter reads: your current electricity bill may have the actual meter read instead of the estimated. This may be different than predicted due to some of the reasons above.
– Switching from an analogue meter to a digital meter: the old meter may have been faulty resulting in incorrect readings
– Number of days in billing period – you may have been billed for a longer billing period than usual, resulting in a higher than expected bill.
If you would like to chat about your bill further, feel free to call our friendly customer service team at 1300 976 040